Monday, June 2, 2008

Setting Up A Cyclone S

Throughout this article you will find many Cyclone S tips. They should hopefully help you to setup a Hot Bodies Cyclone S so that you can race it in Pro-Stock. I personally find that a good gear ratio to run for the Cyclone is with a 27 turn 24 degree motor is around 6.5. To achieve this with the stock spur, you will need a 36 tooth pinion. Or if you do what I did, because I only had a 37 tooth pinion, I needed to get a 99 tooth spur to get a ratio of 6.52, and I am currently running a Reedy Stock Star motor. It is running well, although I do not know how many rpm's it is producing. The Shocks are running standard shock oil and the front shocks are in the second hole in on the top and the first hole on the bottom. The Rear shocks are in the second hole in on the top and the second hole on the bottom. I am currently running ATS 33 Shore foams all round with 1 degree negative camber on the front end, as it was getting to much grip and not steering properly. However when I race indoors I will change to Frewer Pink Fronts and Gold Rears or HPI Super Soft Racing Slicks when we race indoors on Astro-Turf and if running Frewer Tyres I will move the back shocks in one hole. Another Cyclone S tip is to make sure that all of your screws are tightened before and after every race. The worst thing that can happen is for you to lose a screw which you need to keep part of the car together.

Another tip is to upgrade the stock differentials to the metal Cyclone ones as they tend to heat up and seize together.

I am currently running a Mtroniks Viper Tempo11 Speed Controller which can handle motors down to 11 turns and will allow room to move up to a class which is higher up using a faster motor. Another Cyclone S tip is to run a motor heatsink, for example, there is a 3 racing motor fan on the motor and a cooler master computer cpu fan to help suck air in to cool the heat sink. This will help to keep your motor cooler, and will lengthen it's life span.

Come back soon for More Cyclone S Tips.

No comments: